My DS is still a horrible sleeper...

He will be 2 Christmas Eve, and still to this day he is an awful sleeper. He always has been. DH and I are to blame I know this. A little back story, when he was born, we almost lost him, so we spoiled him every way possible, I got into a bad habbit of sleeping with him, just to make sure he was breathing, well 2 yrs later, he is still in our bed. I actually dont mind him being in our bed, I like to snuggle with the little monkey, but his need to move constantly all night long, he tosses, turns, cries, talks, you name it, he does it in his sleep. He still needs to be "comforted" when going to sleep, meaning my husband has to go lay down with him, until he is asleep, usually takes about 30 mins or so.... I know we have created this, I just want to know we aren't alone....but in reality I know we might be.....any advise, or suggestions?

monkiesbugs

Asked by monkiesbugs at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm still a bad sleeper and I'm almost 30. Some kids sleep well, others don't. It's impossible to "spoil" a newborn with your love and attention.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I still lay with my daughter in her bed untill she falls asleep and she is 5!! Like u, I know I created this. I have actually set a time for her to start sleeping on her own.......meaning we have talked about when she starts kindergarten this fall that she is going to start trying to go to sleep on her own. I will still read to her or watch a short show ( icarly etc..) But when the story or show is over she needs to go to sleep. I may even let her watch tv on her own and set the sleep timer on her tv.
    dillah5

Answer by dillah5 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2010