Now as a parent do you believe the saying "that parents know best"??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that sometimes yes! I find myself turning to my mother a lot. Even to this day with my kids grown and now that I am a grandmother I still turn to my mom. And I know I must have done something right, because my daughter turns to me for advice on her little one now. And Yes every parent makes mistakes...it's learning from those mistakes that makes the parents know best!
    american1

Answer by american1 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It completely depends on the parent.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Not always. Sometimes I catch myself taking a shot in the dark.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nope I make mistakes sometimes too I just do the best I can and will tell my kids no less
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 4:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No I do not think that parents know best is correct. I think you have to listen to your kids and guide them. I think as a parent if you don't know something you should do everything you can to try and find the answers.

Sometimes I just go with my gut or what my mother taught me. Not sure if it is best, although it seems to be working for us,.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nope. We all make mistakes. I'm not scared of letting my kids know when I've made a bad decision.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I know whats best for my kids right now, but I know that I have made tons of mistakes.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• nope! at least not for me, i try my best but i know i make mistakes and i am not always right.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think that I know what's best with my own kids... I've been with them every day for all of their lives, and I would put my own judgement ahead of someone who doesn't know them or know what's normal for them. That being said... do I make mistakes? Oh hell yes! There are definitely things I would do differently. It's not a science, it's learn as you go and I am still learning every day.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• NO! Not in my case anyway. However, looking back on most things my Mom always seemed to know best. (don't tell her I told you!) :)
    Link1215

Answer by Link1215 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010