has anyone ever had a grandparent file for grandparents rights?

When the father of the child has rights and doesn't use them has anyone ever had the paternal grandmother file for grandparents rights against the mother?

american1

Asked by american1 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. I have never tried to keep my sons grandparents from them though. I am sure if I did they would fight to see him they love him so much.
    Anonymous

• No one is trying to keep her from them. The Paternal grandmother has caused so many problems so far. The mother and father are not wed or together and live a bit of a distance away. They will have joint physical and legal custody once all is said and done. Do you think it is the mothers obligation to sit or take her child to the paternal grandmothers house when the paternal grandmother has said and done so many things to her? This is just a little info...there is just to much that doesn't need to be posted on the internet. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this issue and would be able to offer some insight into it. I know every situation is different...but it would be nice to have a glimmer of hope and know that we aren't alone! =)
    american1

Comment by american1 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010