How do I get my 4 yr old to recognize the difference between an intentional bump, brush, push, etc and an accidental one? Her teacher has told me she is a bit over dramatic and mistakes every bump, brush, or gesture with an intentional one.

Aome7156

Asked by Aome7156 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You could role play with her and demonstrate each. Make it fun and informative. Just keep explaining the differences and she will get it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• if its an issue bc of tattling i read an article recently thats helped my little one out. have her answer these questions. "did blank do it to hurt u?" "are u really hurt?" " is he/she doing something that could cause him/her to get hurt?" "are u telling to get him/her in trouble?" making her think about why she is telling u will cut down on her running to u,plus it teaches her conflict resolution skills.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I too was going to suggest a demonstration...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2010