Does breast feeding hurt?

And what are the advantages and should i do it or no

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 5:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if it's being done 100% correctly not only does it not hurt but should feel good to have the milk expressed.

It's healthy, cost effective, and lots lets dishes to wash :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• lots LESS.... geez I cannot type today
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• There are MANY advantages- just google it to find out. For one small example- way better immunity, health, less ear infections, dr. trips, less chance of allergies, quicker healing from colds, (that are infrequent) I could go on an on...
    as for the hurt part, if you get a good latch from the beginning(getting a lactation consultant will be a huge help) it shouldnt hurt realy, but sometimes it does for a few weeks as your tissues get used to it. Get some good cream for the nipples!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It can hurt to begin with. When you first start, it's a learning process for both you and the baby. And it takes a few days for your milk to let down, so those first few days your baby is working pretty hard, and yes, your nipples will more than likely be sore. There are creams/ointments, etc to soothe sore nipples. If you have problems, most hospitals have a lactation center you can visit, and the consultants can help you get through that first tough stage. Once you and your baby get the hang of it, you get your milk in and everything...it's great.
    Benefits of breast vs formula - it's healthier. Breastmilk has everything your baby needs and nothing more. It's cheaper. Formula is expensive. It doesn't stain. Breastmilk & the spit up don't stain, formula does. The poo still does but not as badly....nor does it smell nearly as bad as formula poo. It's easier. No bottles to heat or to wash (cont...)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• lets say advantages
    this are for mom
    1. reduces risk of breast cancer
    2. can make you lose weigh
    3. give su big boobs lol
    for baby
    1.reduces riks of all types of cancer
    2. reduces diabeties
    3. reduces childhood asthma and any allergies
    4. higher i q
    5. oh wait there is 101 reasons to bf!!
    google benefits of breastfeeding, it is the best give any mom cag give her child

formul;a has been know to increase the chances of diabeties, childhood leukimia, obesitym astma, eczema and sids.

breastmilk is free, always ready and most important your breast dont get recall and breatsfeeding is sponsor by the world health organization and american associationn of prediatrics

formula is sponsor by no one is not even fda aprove!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i didnt breast feed long because it was hard for me and i didnt have enough help because no one was around who could tell me what i was doing wrong.... so a good support system is key! at least it would have been for me. next time around im going to try a lot harder because now that i know better i'll do better :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No having to get up and mix up formula in the middle of the night, no having to worry about having clean water to mix the formula in, no worry about running out. If you get stranded somewhere and run out of formula, you have one unhappy baby. If you're breastfeeding, you can pop a nipple in the baby's mouth anywhere any time. There's nothing wrong with nursing in public, just try to do it discreetly. Use a blanket, shawl, nursing wrap, whatever, to cover up with if you don't want to be flashing people. As long as you keep nursing, you'll keep making milk. There are tons of pros to breastfeeding. You don't even have to be fully awake to do it. LOL. Plenty of times I've fallen back asleep with my baby attached to my nipple...she would just pop off and go back to sleep when she was done.
    Cons - nursing bras and other clothes convenient for nursing can be a little costly. You will leak for a while. That's about all. lol
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It can at first, while you're getting the hang of it. It's a skill you learn, both you and the baby. Once you have it down though, it's so easy and convenient! Very worth it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• With my first baby, my nipples were quite sore for a couple of weeks. Like the others have mentioned, good cream is a must. After that, we settled in, no more pain, baby nursed great and I have never, ever regretted the experience for a moment. I am so glad I didn't give up, even though I felt like it many times at the beginning. It's so good for your baby; try to make a commitment to give it at least 6 weeks or so...so many women give up too quickly, not realizing that it does get easier for most people after the first few weeks. Good luck to you!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I didn't hurt. Not to say you won't, but, you also might not.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010