my mom dont agree with me and my daughters father getting babk together What should i do?

My daughter dad left awhile after finding out i was pregnant now he lives with his new girlfriend.He says he misses me and thinks its best that we work things out because he feels its best for the baby. Should i give it a chance?? My mom no longer like him what should I do?

newmom20102610

Asked by newmom20102610 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• He is living with another woman but wants to be with you and your child together. That sounds shady to me. I would keep your interactions with him strictly about the child. Remember, this is a person who left you while you were pregnant with his child. It's not best for you and if it isn't good for you how can it be good for your baby?
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Do what you think is best. If you want to give it another try,just tell her you would like her blessing. Either way it's going to happen.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think your mom probably doesn't trust him, and I can surely understand why she wouldn't. If you decide to go ahead with this, you need to lay down some ground rules from the very beginning. One of those is NO SEX until after the two of you are married. That one right there will tell you how serious he is about making things work. Also, be sure that you clearly state to him any other requirements you have. One I would stipulate is that he had to break off all contact with the current honey. I would tell him that the first hint I got that he was seeing anyone else but me, it was all over. If this is something he really wants, he should be the one to have to prove himself to you and even to your mother, who I am quite sure does not want to see her daughter messed over again. So be strict and then follow through. You will soon know how serious he is about being a husband and dad.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You need to do what is best for you. If you love him and want things to work out you could give it a try. It doesn't mean you move in with him or anything. It means you talk things over and see where it goes. Take your time............ there is no rush to be married or anything. And do not get pregnant again. Give yourself time to figure out what is best for you. And if you decide to try it you will need to explain to your mom and ask her to support your decision.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• THANKS EVERONE....@elizabr TRUST ME NO MORE BABIES ANYTIME SOON
    newmom20102610

Comment by newmom20102610 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• frustratedi see where your mom is coming from. any man who walks out on their woman when she is preggers with his baby is NOT A QUALITY MAN!!! PERIOD. things with the other chick is probably going sour maybe thats why he is weaseling his way back to u. it would be different story if u and him had a disagreement and he storms out, stays on his brother's couch cools off then comes home next morning. i would not get back with a man like that. we could co-parent thats it. what he did is unforgivable imo because there are kids involved. he should be even more protective of u and be stuck to u like glue when u are expecting his baby.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• he walked out on you, and you are willing to accept him back into your life?

Hon, I made the same mistake... It'll only end badly for you, AND for your child.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Hmmm, he is living with someone else while he made this decision? LEt's see.. Duh tell him to grow up. Get a life some therapy then come back and see you. After he no longer lives with this other person.
    Personally actions speak louder than words in my book, if he was actually making steps and plans to show you how much he has changed and grown I would say go with it. Other wise I would tell him to hit the freaking street man. But that is your decision.
    What do you want to do?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm with your mom! He walked out on you once during a tough situation what's to say he won't do it again. And check this out, he's with someone and he's trying to get with you, that also makes him a cheater. You may not see it that way cause you think you have rights as his babies momma but he's a cheater nonetheless...even more reason he's untrustworthy.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sorry but I side with your mother. This guy sounds like a looser.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010