Sorting socks?

If your kids are close in age and the same gender, do you actually know whose socks are whose? Do they share a sock drawer? Do you just divide the load up and give them each half?

heydooney

Asked by heydooney at 5:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• i have 2 boys 3 and 5 i got the same size for both and just guesstimate on how many to each drawer and there are times i miss count and have to take out the other drawer. i tried getting diff socks for each but i just hate sorting and matching socks its easier for me to do what im doing now.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• LOL.. that is a good question.. My DD are 23 months apart but right now my youngest is 17 months and My 3 yr olds socks are too big for her.. And I have bought different Styles..But as soon as there feet are the same size or close to it I will say there is only one sock drawer or sack.. My DD Ella likes hers in a sock sack.. and she wants her panties in a panty sack.. I think it is easier for her to get them that way.. or she just likes to say it..lol idk
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 5:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• OK, absolutely no laughing here. My son and I wear the same size socks and we both prefer the ankle style socks in plain white. My husband is always mixing up the socks. However, he also has been known to give DS my shirts and vise versa. So we gave up and I just buy the exact same socks for me as DS gets and we share.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• when i still lived at home and my brother was around, he was the worse about trying to steal my socks because mine would always make it into the basket and weren't as stained. i started marking the bottom of my socks with a permanant marker. it didn't stop him from trying to steal them, but atleast when he did i could catch him. i've always worn men or boys socks. i know that the hanes brands are made with different color stitching on the toes and say hanes on the bottom. it's supposed to make sorting them easier if they're in different sizes.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have three boys 4, 3 & 18 mo. Right now the 4 & 3 y/o pretty much wear the same size. What I do is throw all the socks unfolded in a drawer and when I need some I just search the drawer for matching ones. I also picked up some fabric markers and started to mark the bottom of brand new socks so I could tell the difference between the little socks and the bigger socks.
    TamiJ7775

Answer by TamiJ7775 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have 3. 6(g), 9(g) and 10 (b). I know which ones are which because my girls each have a different color stripe on the bottom lol and my son's just have gray on the bottom. And as hard as I try to keep them all together, does it work, HELL NO (even w/ a sock drawer which they have) bc they never remember to put them back after I wash them.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have heard you can just handsew a couple stitches of different colored thread into the socks so you can tell them apart -

i.e. Red Stitches for Sally, Blue stictches for Betty, Green for Mike
    Anonymous

• I have a sock basket. All socks go in there, no matter who's they are! lol
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 4:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008