I think I am having contractions but I'm home alone and I don't know!!

I have these cramps that feel like I have to poop but I don't and then every now and then there is a big cramp that goes from the bottom of my belly to just above my belly button. Is this contractions or just another crappy pregnancy normal thing? It's only been going on for about an hour and the big pains only happened 2 times so far. My mom is out with friends and my boyfriend is at a class. I don;t want to bother them unless I have to. I'm not due until Dec 8th but they are supposed to induce me on the 2nd.

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 5:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• crap!! I put this in the wrong section. I'm sorry!!
    ClaireWithChild

Comment by ClaireWithChild (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It is possible. When the bad pains get more regular, call your doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 5:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Time them, if they are coming closer together and getting stronger then you are indeed in labor. If it is just sporadic then it could be braxton hicks. Your best bet is to call your Doctor.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. Stress is definitely not something you need. When, and if, you start having contractions, your lower back will hurt like nobody's business. I'm sure you're saying that it already does and has been for a while, but you will notice the difference. I don't remember my contractions starting from the bottom and working up to the top, but not everybody is the same. You might want to call your OB and see what he/she thinks you should do. Bother your OB first, he is getting paid for this after all. LOL Good Luck!
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 5:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Should I go ahead and call my mom? I'm by myself? Should I be by myself if this is labor?
    ClaireWithChild

Comment by ClaireWithChild (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You may be. Walk around the block/neighborhood a few times and drink a LOT of water. If they persist and get worse, you're in labor. If they go away, you're not. Either way with only two an hour, you've got quite a while to go. Wait until they are 10 minutes apart to call somebody, and 5-6 minutes apart before you head to the hospital.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, call your mom and let her know what is going on:) Good luck, relax and congrats!!!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Time your contractions from start to end and how much time is in between contractions. If they are 5 minutes or less apart, lasting for 1 minute or more each time, and changing position doesn't help then it could be labor. GL
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It just happened again. and this time it really hurt. I think Im going to tell my mom to come home. I don't want to be alone. I don;t know what's going on.
    ClaireWithChild

Comment by ClaireWithChild (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sounds like you could be in the early stages. Get a big glass of after and relax in the tub or on your bed. It was a good plan to go ahead and call your mom.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010