Did your child use a pacifier? For how long?

My oldest was the only one that used one then she stopped at 6 months. I decided not to give my other 2 one because i was worried they would not want to let it go.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 5:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• son less than 3 weeks daughter less than 2 months

not to say I didn't TRY..... I literally went to the store and bought 1 of every single kind from cheap to fancy and would bed my son to take it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Both of my kids gave up their binkies on their own when they were a year old.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 4 months
    and she only wanted a certain kind
    only had one of those kind, finally found store that carried that kind, bought three more
    than cat found it was fun to chew them up
    we slowly went down to one again
    when her colic was over at 4 months and the cat got the last surviving one, i did not buy another
    she was done, the cat was done AND the colic was over!!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• omg if I am too frazzled to spell right I should get off the computer...... I meant *beg* my son to take it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yes,we used it only for when he got shots up to 6 months old

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Lol fiatpax you crack me up!
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nope I tried none of my 3 kids would even try and take one
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My son had one and loved it. I made him give it up at 2, but, subsequent kids will get to give it up on their own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My daughter had a bit of a binkie addiction. She LOVED her binkie. We went through a long drawn out drama filled weaning process that finally ended on her 4th birthday when we "sent" the binkie to a new baby that needed it. Don't judge me, lol. The last 2 years she was "using" was just for sleeps. My son, on the other hand, refused every single binkie on the market, he preferred to use ME as his human binkie for much longer than I care to admit. I practically begged him to use a binkie instead, lol... no dice. You never know what you're gonna get =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I offered them to my oldest, but she apparently just didn't need it. With my twins I held off offering pacifiers because I didn't want it to cause breastfeeding issues, but one day when they were about 5 weeks old I pulled one out in desperation. It was like MAGIC for my son who had been a pretty fussy boy up until that time. I think the pacifiers saved my sanity! The twins ended up using pacifiers until about 22 months, but only for sleeping and in the car after one year. I was afraid it would be a big ordeal breaking the habit, but it wasn't.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010