what do you think of this card i want

to give my husband? recap. i had bought him a netbook but took it back after realizing we can't really afford. he is very upset with me and even cried about it. i feel awful but not backing down. he has even gone to extent as to tell me to f me. anyway to the card i bought, here is what it says,

they said you were getting older....but i didn't buy it.
they said you were slowing down...but i didn't buy it.
they said you wanted a gift....but i didn't buy it.

i think it's perfect given the fact that i didn't buy it...but now i'm thinking it's a bit harsh and he may not find it funny at all. what do you girls think?

i feel i had already ruined his birthday but i'm hoping by friday he will get over all this. i know in the later future he would admit that it's was fiting but not funny then but funny now! i rarely find cards to express the right words.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's hilarious. He might not though. Only you know how he will react. He should understand that just because you can't afford it now doesn't mean that at a later date you might be able to. He should put family finances before his "wants". That's one reason I am divorced. He will eventually get over not getting the netbook.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 5:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm thinking if he's going to be a baby about a stupid computer and cry about it, the card probably isn't going to go over well....
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't get the card. At this point, I doubt he'd see the humor in it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't give him a card. He's a grown man and he's throwing a tantrum over a netbook, come on now. Tell him to put on his big boy pants and get over it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It is funny!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think its funny and I would get it if it were me. I just got a new smart phone and my Hubby is so mad because he really wants one and I refuse to pay for one (mine is FREE)...If I could find a card that said something about that I would DEF get it for him...but I know he would laugh about it even if he was still annoyed =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It's funny but I doubt he'd see it that way right now, esp after getting his netbook taken away.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 5:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• no way i think he might have a fit
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Seriously? He CRIED over the netbook? Wow. If he's that, er, emotional I think you better skip the card, unless you know him well enough to believe that it might help him chill out a bit over the whole thing. Good luck.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Its funny but I doubt he would think so at this point.
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 12:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2010