daughter getting over virus, has been waking in middle of night, getting me to sleep with her...now?

she has always been good at sleeping throught the night
the last week, she wakes me up around 2am, i go in tuck her in and she needs me to lay with her, if i move she wakes and wants me...ok-she has been sick, but now two days no fever, want to get her to sleep through night and not make it a habit to come and get me at 2am. she might still be feeling not 100% as her appetite is not back yet

suggestions on now to wean her back to sleeping on her own
she is three, bedroom next to mine, got high fever day after thanksgiving=fri, low grade fever sat & sun, rash today=went to doc said due to viraul infection, but with no fever she is better
do i give her a few more days until she is eating full again? maybe tummy bad and waking?
not against "family bed sleep thing, but it is a twin bed and i need to sleep to!!

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 5:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• We had a similar situation with my 5 year old... over the summer something scared her and she started with nightmares and getting DH in the night to come sleep with her. This after sleeping in her own room all night long without a single peep (excpet the occasional pee and then right back to bed) for 3 years straight. Then she got used to it and continued to get DH every night for a few months. We thought our good sleeper was gone forever. Finally, I told her that if she slept in her bed all night by herself for 5 nights in a row, we could go buy a new Barbie. Worked like a charm IMMEDIATELY. That very night she slept all the way through and did for 5 more nights. We got the Barbie and she's back to her old self again and its been a couple of months now. I'm not sure a 3 year old would understand that kind of reward system though....maybe with a smaller timeframe and reward? GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• give it some time, maybe still isn't feeling that well.
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 1:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010