Stupid yet curious question..

How did you feel a few days or so before you went into labor? I know shit will happen when it's ready to happen but I'm just trying to pay a lot of attention to my body. My mom is here and only going to be here a week or so....would love to help things along safely if I can.

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 5:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was well over a week late with both kids. Had to be induced both times. I had no signs of labor approaching at all. I know that's not what you want to hear... I ate spicy food, had sex, tried that herbal tea, drove on bumpy roads, lol...no dice.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I felt no different. I went into labor naturally 2 days over my EDD. He was born in 7 hours.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Lol yeah, I dun really believe most of those labor tales. The sex and walking makes sense but the food remedies? Naaah
    Anna-Chubaby

Comment by Anna-Chubaby (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm kinda in same position as you, trying so hard to listen to my body been having lots of braxton hicks and my belly seems to have dropped which both happened the week before I had my son but now I'm like, is it just my body doing it earlier as it's my 2nd.....good luck to you tho!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 6:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you want to hurry it along naturally, besides walking and sex you can try nipple stimulation. If you have a breast pump, use it. Nipple stimulation is great for triggering labor. Also if you can, change your elevation - drive up into the mountains, and back down, or vice versa. The change in elevation and air pressure can trigger labor - it's why you can't go on a plane if you're more than 36 weeks along.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Google Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean. Get your mama to make it for you. Eat it and go for a walk. Then wait for labor to come.
    Anonymous

• Huh, I had no idea about the altitude thing. That's pretty cool. I didn't really feel any different until the night before my water broke. I just got way more uncomfortable & it was even harder to sleep. The only good suggestions I have are just walking and sex. Have fun!
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i am in the same boat as you, been tryin the sex thing and nipple and walkin and nothing has worked. the best thing to do is wait and let nature take it course. i also dnt no wat to be looking for really either. gud luck :)
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 8:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010