milestones

My son is almost 11 months old and can't crawl or get to sitting up by himself. He can sit up but we have to sit him up. His doctor wants him to see a specialist. Should I? Or should I wait to see what he does?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 5:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would see one just to rule out anything. It is a bit late to not be sitting up or crawling.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• how is his head control? specialist = physical therapy?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, go and find out what the specialist has to say. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• His head control is great he'll sometimes lean to the left like he has something in his ear.
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would take your son to the specialist, justto give you peace of mind. My daughter didnt crawl until she was 11 months, and then walked 3 weeks later! But not sitting up by himself yet is cause for concern.
    Good luck mama.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My son was kind of similar, he crawled really late, but once he started crawling and all he walked within the next few weeks, he ended up hitting a handful of milestones all at once it seemed like!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• go see a specialist.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2010