Why am I so afraid?

We are moving into our new house (my dream home), I secured a job closer to home where I will be making more money and not having to travel so far (was driving 1.5 hours one way). Bills are paid because my DH is making good money. The transfer of bills to the new house are paid. Everything is falling together in perfect harmony. So why am I so scared something is going to happen. I am really tring to embrace this awesomeness, but I'm so reserved just waiting for something bad to happen.  Anyone else like this? 

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 5:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Used to be just like that. Then I realized that good things happen to good people and everything happens for a reason. Enjoy your new home and job. If you sit around waiting for something bad to happen, it will. Just be happy.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 5:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Perfectly normal as you head down the home stretch. (I assume you have not closed on the house yet?) Once you are all moved in you should feel better. I hope so anyway! Enjoy the new home. :)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I totally understand. We have had some incredibly bad stretches of luck, that when something good happens, I think its a matter of time until things fall apart.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I can totally relate...I am terrified...mortified of being happy because I know the minute I experience any hint of elation...the disaster show from hell is going to drop.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It's completely natural. New Home, New Location, New Job .. I mean there is a lot going on right now. Just keep telling yourself that everything is going great and as long as you stay ontop of everything it will continue to go well. Just make a list of things that have been done and things that still need to be done. Just to keep track of everything. It'll keep going well if you believe it will and stay ontop of everything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think sometimes when things are going so good people think something bad is going happen. Just enjoy the good times. happy for you.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 8:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No this house is a lease to purchase we hope to close with in the next 6 months. We were dying from my drive and dh's drive so went for early occupancy with option to buy.
    luvmygrlz

Comment by luvmygrlz (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010