SO for dinner I gave my daughter hotdog bits, whole wheat crackers and carrot sticks...

she put her plate in the sink and said she was all done but now she is asking for yogurt. I told her no because she didn't eat her carrots. (she is 3) Should I give her the yogurt? I mean it's not like she asked for a cookie...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• and just to point something out...if you knew what was in those hotdog bites...I think you'ld be giving her ice cream!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Give the little kid props for asking for yogurt! Come on mom...cave a little...just look at her little face!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• the kind of yogurt I usually buy can actually be used as a dip for carrots, lol!!! I do buy the standard kid kids sometimes but it's offered as a dessert just like a piece of cake would be, since that is really what they are. A teeny cup of something w/ like 30g of sugar should not be a normal everyday food.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Eh, I would. Yogurt is a pretty decent after dinner snack. Like you said, it's not a cookie!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• you are too cute! what type of dairy/ calcium did she have today? Maybe you can decide based on that.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• well I guess it depends on your definition of yogurt, IMO! Like dora or trix crap? has more sugar than a stack of oreo's. plain non fat sweetened w/ a little honey or fresh fruit? no big whoop
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• lol. Kroger fruit on the bottom blueberry. (plain yogurt with a little 'pie filling' on the bottom)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Imo if she has to finish her plate in order to get a cookie, you're setting her up for obesity. Food shouldn't be an award or a punishment. So yes absolutely you should give her the yogurt.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Actually tonight the hot dogs were made from 50% beef and 50% deer that my DH killed last weeks so yeah, I do know whats in these! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• S0 I gave her the yogurt but she had to take 2 bites of carrots first. She did it and got her yogurt!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010