Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do if i'm pregnate with a man who doesnt want a baby?

I have been in a serious relationship with him for three years now.
Now i'm pregnate, and he said if I decide to keep it is not his problem.
What should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (9)
  • It is his problem.

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • what an idiot, sorry. He was involved in making this baby - even if it was not a wished for baby but now its here and you two are gonna be parents if he likes it or not. Its gonna be his problem no matter what. If he leaves you now then you know that he never really love you anyways.

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • If he leaves you, go after him for child support! He's responsible just as much as you are.


    Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • things mite change when he or she gets here, but if not put his butt up for child support.

    Answer by mommyof2bbys at 6:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • pregnant

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • "problem"?! Wow, sounds like a real winner! However the baby IS his responsibility. If he chooses to jump ship or you decide to throw his over board he is still financially responsible.

    Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • First give him a DNA test to ensure it's his, ( Not implying it's not, but you know how men can get) then have him sign over all parental rights to the child and say "See Ya!!!" Or file child support and worry about him wanting to be in the child's life later.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • It IS his problem. Have the baby and file for child support. If he chooses not to be in your baby's life it's HIS LOSS.

    Good Luck Mama. Sorry your guy is being a loser.

    Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • Im right there in the same situation with you! Keep it, and try to be strong for your baby. It is his problem, but right now stressing and getting upset dosnt help the baby thats what you have to take care of now. I know its hard, but he will come around when he is ready and if he dosnt then he isnt right for you anymore. A real man would love his child, especially one inside the woman he supposedly has been in love with for all that time. So take care of yourself, and if he leaves you WILL be ok, and when it comes time go to court for child support because that is his responsibility. You will find a good father for the baby, daddy's arent always biological! And for me, Cafemom really helped alot! Good Luck, you'll be ok!

    Answer by dez1379 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.