Contractions or pinched nerves?

I am 37 weeks and there are times where I get this pains in one spot in my lower back and it goes into my hip and a little down my thigh. And then I get these weird pains inside my vagina. Its kind of a stabbing pain. It's been happening for a few weeks to a month. I assumed they were just pinched nerves and my little man pushing on my pelvis causing the pain in my vagina. But a friend of mine thinks they are random contractions... Which is it? There isn't a pattern to it, and they don't get closer together... Is it contractions or is it pinched nerves and stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The pain in your hip/thigh is from the sciatic nerve, it's common. The stabbing pain in your vagina is also normal, it's from your baby punching or headbutting your cervix. Contractions will feel like your belly is being squeezed.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• it does not sound like contractions to me. ligaments are stretching in the vaginal area which can cause stabbing pains, and like you thought a "pinched nerve" can cause that pain in the hip that runs down the leg.
    contractions can be different for everyone.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2010