anyone ever had a toddler vomit HAM???

Our little girl had projectile vomitted each time she has eaten ham now. We tried it 2 different times, the first was with a bone in ham and the second was just a regular little ham I baked. Over 24 hours after eating teh ham she vomits it up and nothing else. She eats pork chops and sausage with no problems....anyone ever heard of anything like this. She has never had lunch meat or hot dogs so I cannot compare any other type of meats like that. Any suggestions would be great.

luvlabs3

Asked by luvlabs3 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Don't give her ham....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• She may be allergic to it. Our grandson is allergic to peanuts and the m.d. said not to give him ham!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My kids used to vomit hot dogs. They were big pukers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• That does seem odd that she gets sick with ham but not any other type of "pork". Although, maybe it is the way the cure the ham, it is very different with ham than the others. Maybe it has something to do with that. Of course I am totally guessing here and if I were you I would ask the doc what they think. In the mean time, I sure wouldn't give her any ham. giggle giggle
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Stop giving her the ham then. She could be allergic to something in the ham, the way it is processed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Ok I am not an idiot....this was twice over 4 months so I know not to give it to her anymore. My suspicion with the first ham is that since it was a bone in ham it was not processed and she could not handle it.....so I bought a processed one hoping she could stomach that one and the same thing happened......after the first incident she had blow out diarrhea for 2 wweks which the dr said had nothing to do with the ham but at midnight last night she started with the blow out diarrhea again so calling the dr now.
    luvlabs3

Comment by luvlabs3 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well, ham is gross, so I don't blame her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm allergic to ham, I get cold sores all over. My mom & brother are the same way.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010