help!!! My daughter has a bad diaper rash.. Any suggestions on what to do?

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 6:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Balmex.. It has the most Zinc in it.. The more the better...If that doesn't clear it up Call your Ped. Also air helps
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 6:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i use AD&D with zinc cause it has less alchol so less burn...and when i have no cream in the house i use crisco cooking lard. it keeps a barrier from wetness and helps soothe, but would not recomend the crisco for long term use just when you are in a pinch... and get to the store right away
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i cant type sorry * and when you cant get to the store right away....
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• thank u very much - will baby powder with cornstarch help?
    TaylorBuz

Answer by TaylorBuz at 6:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If it appears to be a really bad diaper rash that isn't responding to normal diaper rash treatment then it is probably a yeast infection. The doctor will give you an anti fungal cream that will clear it up quickly.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• baby pwder and or burnt flower alwaysworked for my baby
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• baby powder is a good idea... also.. if you get the chance.. leave the diaper off as long as possible..

your dd is 15months old... my dd is 16months old.. i sometimes let her play naked.. kids love that... just turn the heater on, let her play on a blanket which you dont love too much (in case she will pee or poop on it.. yeah that happens. hihi).

anyway... naked and/or powder.. best you can do right now. dont use anything with alcohol in it. no wipes ect... use a clean wash cloth... just rinse it under warm water when you change your DDs diaper.

good luck! hope shell be better soon! :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Nothing worked for my sons rashes and they always got worse until i heard from a friend to use "Bag Balm" I think its really used on cows udders, but it comes in a green square tin can, its found in the pet section, i get it at walmart, and its about 8 bucks. It worked WONDERS on my son after nothing else worked. I tried babypower, a&d, diaper rash cream and gels. nothing. and My son hasn't had a rash since :)
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 7:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• BOODRO BUT PASTE HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT. I HAVE TRYED EVERYTHING ON MY LITTLE GIRL AND I DON'T TRUST ANYTHING ELSE. IT EVEN WORKS FOR RASHES ON YOUR BODY. TRY IT OUT ON A HEAT RASH OF YOUR OWN.
    BUSYMOMWNOCAPE

Answer by BUSYMOMWNOCAPE at 7:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• desitin original- put it on super thick (so thick that you don't get all of it off in the next diaper change) just keep applying more over the thin layer left after each diaper
    if it doesn't start clearing up within a few days call the dr.
    (this is what my ped nurse had me do and it really worked, keep it that thick so that you aren't wiping off any new skin underneath the rash when you clean the baby's bottom)
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 8:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008