I'm a single mom looking for that singlr dad....Where do I start?

So far I have been hoping to find that special single dad,but for some reason some guys think theyre considered a single father if they have a couple of baby mamas...
I m looking for a real devoted single father...where are they hiding lol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• NOT bars, for sure. lol.

go where the kids are. daycare, parks, school. I am 99% sure there are specialty dating things for single parents too
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well...men are like parking spaces...all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped...lol
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Have you tried hardware stores and the book stores are a good place too! Good luck hon :)
    sherry6868

Answer by sherry6868 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'd look for a widowed dad down at the church.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Playgrounds on the weekend are a great spot.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• @ShouldHaveLeft............. LOL that was a good one. Hope you're feeling well today, looks like you have your sense of humor kicking in. :-)

OP: I'm assuming (yeah I know a bad thing to do on here.. lol) that you are looking for a dad who: actually has custody or at least partial custody, who is actively involved in their child(ren)'s lives, who actually understanding the constraings/stresses/ect that being a single parent can have in regards to dating/beginning a new relationship ... If I'm off base, I apologize upfront.

If I'm on track (lol). Your best bet for meeting someone like that is: school, school functions, school organizations, play groups, community groups that sponsor/hold activities for children,scouting..etc... those types of settings. We as parents are most always invovled in things like that for our kids. Those type of places would more likely have the type of man you are looking for..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• playgrounds, look online for single parent groups in your area like support groups you never know..
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Try the grocery store on a Friday night. Dads a'plenty getting weekend food for their kids. And usually the kids are with them so you can take a good looksie at what you're getting into. Even though I'm married, I watch what the buy - just enough for breakfast, a gallon of milk, a box of cereal, all the stuff to take them through the weekend.
    cheeseit

Answer by cheeseit at 9:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Check your local city groups for parents, they normally have seminars or small meetings with like minded or parents in similar situations. Its a start and many churches do this as well, classes is what it may be known as. Just make sure it is classes, meetings or seminars that these men chose to be there and not order by the court. Your child's school may also provide these classes.
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 12:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010