Did you have left over turkey?

What do you do with it? We made home made turkey noodle soup, it was so yummy. I still have a huge turkey carcass in my fridge and I need ideas.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Turkey Tettrazini, turkey pot pie, turkey hash (saute onions, celery and green or red peppers-optional-with diced potatoes, then add diced turkey) turkey salad sandwiches with dried cranberries, turkey rice soup.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We had leftovers all weekend and sandwiches and I made a pot of soup big enough for an army. I had about 4 cups of turkey meat left after that I portioned out and put in the freezer. If I were you, I'd do that and fast, to be honest, I'm not even sure the turkey is still good this long after Thanskgiving...I thought it only had about 4 days....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I agree with gramsmom, I think that turkey is past using. I was told 3-4 days for cooked meat.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i bought a turkey and cooked it just for the purpose of fresh turkey sandwiches. i love ham and turkey leftover sandwiches. they are the best
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• in my family we call it GOOP. Turkey GOOP.

Shred and chop the turkey, sometimes we add mushrooms. Mix w/ lots of gravy so it's almost soup like. Ladle over mashed tatos, egg noodles, rice, or buttered toast.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Not very much. I planned well & tried to get only enough turkey for the number of people I was serving. There was enough for a couple of sandwiches the next day, but that was it.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We bought two bags of 15 bean soup and followed the directions on back of bag and added turkey instead of ham.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I made a pot pie! YURM and a pasta bake..that is more pasta and peas than turkey lol! but it works!! I have made that pot pie the last couple years and I love love love it!!! I think i will be making it with beef tips and chicken too from now on!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yep.. we had turkey stir fry, hot open faced sandwiches, cold sandwiches, turkey curry..Might cook some soup today or tomorrow.. or make white chili with it!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010