Question for doctors or nurses...

So yesterday whenever I was on my way home from the library, I go there to use their internet since we don't have internet yet, I had the worst headache. Then today when I went to the library I was feeling a little bit better but then I started to feel real dizzy. My sister was with me and I asked her to pack up my laptop and I was going to the restroom. I didn't even get halfway to the table and I thought I was gonna puke. I went back to the table, sat down, put my head on the table. I told my sister I felt like I was gonna pass. I asked her to please pray quietly that I would feel better. (I seriously thought I was gonna die.) Then I started to sweat and shiver at the same time. My question is does anyone have a clue what it might be? Just so you all know... I'm looking up doctors that take our insurance and if I feel as bad as earlier I will be going to the ER.

Aman-Duh

Asked by Aman-Duh at 6:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Health

• Even though you are asking a Drs opinion I would like to say as a reg person that I have dealt with the same thing before. For me, it was a panic attack. I felt weir, naucious, dizzy and in a fog. I also felt like I couldnt breathe! It was horrible. It got so bad that I had to be put on an anti-anxiety med for it. I am better now and happy that I made the choice to go on it. GL If you have any other ?'s then msg me!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Also, if that feeling passed, its prob just that. And it does come on when you least expect it. Most ppl think that a panick attack happens when you're thinking about it and thats def not true
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Sounds like a migraine to me... but you should probably go to the ER just in case.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm not a doctor, but what you described sounded a lot like my first migraine. Anyone who's never had a migraine cannot imagine what they are really like, because they will forever be thought of as a bad headache by some...but I had much more than a headache! Dizziness, sudden feelings of panic and clausterphobia, tunnel vision, and an urge to cry and puke at the same time. Another possibility would be an anxiety attack/panic attack as the pp said. I'm glad you're seeing a doctor soon, and if you have ANY more symptoms, go to the ER.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I just had this happen to me I had no idea what it was so i went to the er and they said it was a UTI. I thought it was crazy but I took the meds and Ifeel all better.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I second the panic attack idea. I started having them about 10 years ago and I felt something like that. Knock on wood, I haven't had any since. If you have a really high stress level, I would guess panic attack.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My first thought was high blood pressure... a lot of the symptoms fit.
    candiccane

Answer by candiccane at 10:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008