What can I use on my dog 2 get rid of her skin rash?

I was givin a pup that was supposed 2 b a full blood pit. I thought she just had mange when I got her & proceded 2 treat it. It didn't work. Nothing did. As she got a little older I noticed that she had an abundance of wrinkles. Come 2 find out she has shar-pai n her. I looked it up on the internet, & found what's causing the problem, but couldn't find the cure. Her bodys producing 2 much of the stuff that causes them 2 have the cute little rolls on them. All of her hairs falling out & her skin cracks & bleeds. We bathe her regularly, put vitamin E on her, & everything. Nothings working. If some1 knows what 2 do 4 her please share. We need help.

amy197

Asked by amy197 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pets

• You need to see a vet. There are 3 million and 2 causes for skin problems. It coudl b to much yeast on the skin, it could be mange, it could be an infection, it could be a flea allergy, it could be a food allergy... Either way it sounds like she needs antibiotics( along with treating the root problem )to help clear it up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You need to take the dog to the vet. You should also look at the dogs diet. If the dog is not on a good food that can cause skin poroblems in dogs.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I didn't follow the last poster's link, but have you tried an oatmeal soap? I had a Doberman with a skin condition. It wasn't a cure all but it did work wonders. :) Good luck!
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• cocunut oil!!!! It work magic and if they have lost hair in that area then it will bring it back i use it all the time!
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thanks u guys. I'll just run her 2 the Vet 2morow evening & get the coconut oil to help her get her hair back.
    amy197

Comment by amy197 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Let us know what they say!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Will do.
    amy197

Comment by amy197 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Come 2 find out I was wrong about what was wrong with her. Doc says she has red mange. He gave me 3 viles of dip that kills the parisite that causes it. We have 2 dip her every 2 wks & she should get better. Thanks 4 the input.
    amy197

Comment by amy197 (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010