Half my desktop icons are gone - Any ideas on what to do?

Last night I used my computer and it was fine. I turned it on this morning and half my computer desktop icons are gone. I've rebooted several times, ran malwarebytes (no infections found), ...not sure what else to do. The programs are still on the computer - I can run them, it's just odd that they disappeared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Technology

• you could do a system restore. Or just put the icons back.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It could have been your computer cleaning up the desk top, I was just add them again if you use them.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Perhaps the "unused icons on your desktop" reminder popped up and you didn't notice it. It comes up periodicaly when you have desktop icons that haven't been clicked on int awhile.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Go to your desktop and right-click on the desktop and make sure there is a check mark next to "show desktop icons", if there isn't click on it, this should solve your problem
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I know for a fact that at least 2 of the programs I used within the last few days - one very frequently. *Sigh*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• oh yeah - and one of the ones that disappeared was my IExplore icon - I use that ALL the time obviously!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Did you check your recycle bin? And restore them ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010