Prenatal gummies, anyone?

I bought these prenatal gummy vitamins yesterday. They were more than the store brand, but cheaper than the one-a-day. I chose them because they were the ONLY prenatal there that did not have iron in it. But they have twice as much folic acid as most prenatals, and even have DHA in them. I don't need an extra 28mg of iron...do not want to be constipated, lol. I thought they would taste horrible, but they are actually pretty good! Does anyone else take these?

FluffyMamaBunny

Asked by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, they taste too good. Seriously, I could eat the whole bottle. That's not good if ya think about it, because if I can do it, I am sure my grandchildren could do the same thing! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I take them and i love them they are the only ones that i can take.....
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• those are new since I had my kids. cool!!!! I was told to take childrens flintstones. I needed something sweeter and yummy tasting otherwise I just threw them up.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• where did you get them from im pregnant the prenatal i have make me ill cos it has iron in it
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• LOL. I put them up where my daughter can't get them because as soon as I opened the bottle she said "Candy? me too, candy?" I was taking the generic kind of flintstones vitamins, had a giant bottle...I kept getting sick to my stomach. and figured out that those were what was causing it. I'm not sure why....maybe the bottle was too old and they went bad.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Comment by FluffyMamaBunny (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I got them at Kroger, in the pharmacy section. They were like $10.79 for a bottle of 90...says dose is two, so 45 days. One-a-day with DHA was $17 for 30 days, geez. I'm sure you can find them at most pharmacies.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Comment by FluffyMamaBunny (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I haven't tried them but trust me I will be looking into that during my next pregnancy. I HATE taking pills.

It bothers me that they don't have Iron in them though. It's SO easy to become anemic during pregnancy. I battle low Iron anyways and always have to take extra no matter what prenatal I'm on so having one with NO Iron sounds like a terriable idea to me.

Maybe I can find one that includes Iron.
    Anonymous

• I got it just because it doesn't have iron - I get plenty as it is. But I can see how it would be a problem if you already have issues with low iron. I don't know if they make a gummy version that has iron in it. You could look at vitamin world, GNC, etc.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Comment by FluffyMamaBunny (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010