Kids bday parties...stay or go?

My daughter is going to a bday party for a classmate this weekend at bounce u. She and her friend are in prek. The party is going to be 2 hours long. Do I stay or is it ok to leave and go shopping?(mall is right next door) Do I leave it to the parents to watch her since its their childs party or should I stay and wait? TIA

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Stay...small kids in large quantities...someones going to fall through the cracks...avoid it being yours
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would stay and supervise my child. Unless it was a close family friend or relative, I would not leave my child until they were much older.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Of course you stay.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• For that age, I would ask the parents what they want you to do after asking you DD if it is even OK with her to stay alone.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• it depends on the other parents if they dont mind watching her and if you trust leaving here there.
    mommyof2bbys

Answer by mommyof2bbys at 7:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• How many kids are going to be there? It would also depend upon how well I knew the parents and trusted them. I've seen parents that don't care what their own children do let alone trust them with mine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would stay, no one is going to watch your child like you would.

Answer by older at 7:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• For a child that young I'd either flat out ASK, or just stay and see what the others do. Personally I'm a hover-er but only because my son has food allergies and I don't trust anyone but family to keep him 100% safe around meals/snacks.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I was gonna stay anyway but figured Id ask to see what others would do. Def tempting to go somewhere by a mall around christmas lol
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010