AM I GOING TO JAIL adult content

I AM SO WORRIED I GOT A NO INSUREANCE TICKET ON JULY FOR DRIVING MY MOTHER IN LAWS CAR AND HER NOT TELLING ME THERE WASNT INSURANCE ANYWAYS I HAVENT PAID A THING ON IT BECAUSE I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY BUT I GOT COURT THIS THURSDAY AND IM WORRING ARE THEY GOING TO PUT ME INTO JAIL...........PLEASE HELP HAVE ANYONE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE

-KenzieTaylor-

Asked by -KenzieTaylor- at 7:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i live in south carolina and if you dont pay a ticket, then you get 30 days.
    mommyof2bbys

Answer by mommyof2bbys at 7:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Call the district attorney's office before you go in and see if you can make an appointment to discuss the charges and penalties. You should have done this a long time ago when the bench warrant was issued.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• WELL IM FROM ILLINOIS.........IM SO WORRIED
    -KenzieTaylor-

Comment by -KenzieTaylor- (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Can't help you there. I always pay my tickets.

Answer by louise2 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Look up your states laws and see what the rules are. Do you have your own auto insurance?
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• There wasnt any bench warrent issued..........i just have another court date thursday
    -KenzieTaylor-

Comment by -KenzieTaylor- (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• In Ga you have to qt least have $100 dollars when you go to court. Then you will be put on probation with a payment plan plus fees for being put on probation till you pay it off. This is what a friend siad but that i really depends on the judge.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I sincerely doubt that you will go to jail. Has your mother in law obtained insurance. Take proof that it is not your vehicle and that you were driving with her permission. It would be good if she can go with you to testify to this. I take it insurance is required in your state. Has she been charged with anything in regard to this?
    I have witenessed that if you want to get off, the way is to get a lawyer. That is costly and I do not know if they will give you a court appointed attorney.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You need to call them and see if you can get it extended or get you put on a payment plan... GL!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• make your mother in law pay it. She didn't have the insurance on her car
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 7:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010