Can you please characterize the difference between 'faith', and 'blind faith'?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Let me know when you find out.... cause i get told i have blind faith alot by my grandmother
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 8:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would say, faith is something you believe in because you have the experience and knowledge built up to believe. Whereas, blind faith is something you just believe in because you are told to do so, or someone has convinced you to believe.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes. I have faith that the wind exists because I have seen what it does, although I have never seen the wind itself... I don't have faith in that wind simply because of what I have been told or what I have read, but instead because I have SEEN for myself proof that it does exist.

Faith is simply believing in something. Blind Faith is believing without question.
    Everyone has faith in something, be it something higher or in themselves. They each have this faith because they have in some way found proof that there is a reason to have said faith. However, Blind Faith is when one believes without any proof, personal or otherwise, and they simply take the word of someone else without willingly questioning what it is their faith is in...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• to me blind faith is believing without seeing. That could be everything from having a blind faith that somehow and someway whatever the situation is, will be ok. Its not so much someone else telling me its going to be ok, its in my belief that its going to end up ok. I hope that makes sense. Im having huge financial stuff right now, there aint a thing I can do to fix it, short of selling myself on a street corner, But,,,,I believe with all my heart that its going to be ok. That to me is surrender and having blind faith cause I cant see the outcome from here, but I have faith that I will come through it...
    Anonymous

• To me, faith is trusting in the God I know. I haven't seen Him with my human eyes, only the eyes of my heart, but I believe. Faith is the essence of things not seen; the substance of things hoped for. Blind faith is more like presumption. If I turn my back on God, but expect that He will rescue me from adversity, that might be called blind faith.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• To me, faith would be to believe something that is unproven after reflection, thought, experience, meditation, etc. Blind faith would be to believe something WITHOUT reflection, thought, experience, meditation, etc.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Blind faith is uneducated and irresponsible faith. It implies following something or someone without reason or purpose. True faith means to accept what we believe because we have studied, looked, and are aware of who and/or what we follow because there is a purpose or rationale in doing so.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

Best answer!

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• faith is the belief in something you havent seen or have little to no proven, without doubt facts to back it up. faith is based off of experiences, questioning, studying, wondering, and then acceptance (with room to grow, new ideas, new questions, etc) that it is right for you. blind faith is a type of faith that refuses to learn anything new, refuses to grow, refuses to question, and is never given a second thought. blind faith is weak in action, but easy to keep up with and often leads to hostility when questioned.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't see much difference,really.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010