Christmas time & charities.

Hey fellow moms! A few friends of mine are going to have lots of trouble with things like Christmas dinner, Christmas tree, gifts, even rent and the heating bill. I was wondering if anyone knows of some charities that help take care of things like this. I can only find ways to volunteer, not help the receive the help. I found one place that will help with gifts but really, if this was the only problem they had they'd probably be thrilled. Any information would be helpful. Thanks ladies!

McErin48

Asked by McErin48 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• So many people in this same position this year. Check with the local churches. Our church just had a huge food drive and all the food collected went to the cities christian food bank. Check with Salvation Army and the United Way. United Way might be able to guide you to help in your area. Cafe Mom has many groups involved with helping moms in crisis. I wish you and your friends luck, even with a job I couldnt pay my whole rent this month cause my car died. Always something isnt it? Hope they get the help they need
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Hugs
    kathy067j

Answer by kathy067j at 8:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I worked at an agency like the one you may be looking for....have her google the local community action agency for your city....you may be too late though....people from our agency usually sign people up who need help the mid oct to mid nov...good luck to you though...my also have her look into the local church and schools her children attend...talk to the principal for that school idea
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ususally social services make referrals to Toys for Tots etc, school counselor's, local churches
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2010