toy for tots,ok can someone who knows explain how it works

today i swallowed what little was left of my pride and dropped off my application for toys for tots at goodwill.the lady took my proof of being on food stamps and said i was approved,but then walked away.she didnt hand me a paper to take with me to pick up or anything.she told me the date and time,thats all.will i get a letter in the mail to take with me or do i just use my ID? i am terrified of going,i have no idea what to do or what to expect.i couldnt help it, i was so thrilled when she said i was automatically approved because of the PA , i cried.I was so afraid we wouldnt be approved...i hope someone can talk me through the process.should i expect a letter that says i am approved so i can take it with me.

and please,dont bash me while i am down. i feel like a bad enough mom having to ask for help with christmas.i have spent nov swallowing my pride.i applied for every reasource i was allowed to so that hopefully my family can make ends meet from now until april.i am also looking into budget classes and gardening my own veggies, thought i would add that if anyone has any information they can send my way that might help on those two.

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• In my area we apply at Human Services, and they turn in the application on our behalf. They give me a little slip that I have to bring with my ID to pick up the toys. I would go back and make sure there wasn't a mistake made.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have no idea how it works, but I do pray that your situation will look up soon.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• This is how they do it in Wisconsin, is you apply at the Salvation Army, you get a piece of paper that has the place of pick up (here it is the shopko Hall) date and time for pick up. You can not go before that time but you can go after, you bring your ID with you and the paper they gave you. When you get to the place of pick up you will be set with a volunteer and will walk around to different areas and choose a certain amount of toys for each child that is in their age group area. depending on your area and the donations given, you might also receive books, and stocking stuffers. If you have any questions you can message me, and I hope I will be able to help you further.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I bumped for you hun! Good luck!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• thankyou so much. i dont know if it makes sense,but since the beginning of nov. when i realized we were going to finally get some relief , i have felt like i could see the light at the end of this tunnel.i have been trying to work on a budget to try and get us back on our feet by april. i am approved for PA until april 2011, and I dont want to keep it any longer than i have to. i thought if we could work on budgeting and saving,and maybe learning to grow our own food,and maybe learn to cook things from scratch like bread,etc....we might be able to do better.
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• bump
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• thankyou so much.i hope that they mail me whatever paper i need
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• bump in hopes of more information
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ty os much samanthaagain. she gave me a paper, with a date and time on it,but nothing more.she didnt sign it or anything,and i dont know if she was sopose to.i know the day and time to go,and i have an id , i am just afraid that once i get there , it wont be enough.
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thankyou ladies all so much for taking the time to answer me,i finally found our local goodwill phone number and called them, and they said all i need to do is show up and bring my photo id.THANKYOU ! i am so thrilled, my babies are getting christmas!
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2010