Is it a bad idea to purchase your first home in your twenties?

bkrichar

Asked by bkrichar at 8:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• NO!
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sounds like a great investment!!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It depends on your financial situation and if you are ready to settle down and really be responsible for a home. I bought my home when I was 25 and while it is a struggle right now, I still think it is the best decision I have ever made. There is a lot involved in buying a home and then maintaining it. Make sure you weigh all the pros and cons and make a budget before you decide. Make sure to add in unexpected expenses like your A/C going out or a new stove.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I bought my house at 18 and love it. If you can afford it go for it!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No. My DH and I were 23 when we bought our house and it was tnhe best thing we could have done. It is almost 8years later and we are still in the same house. We added a garage and many other remodels and we love it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I was 20 when I bought my first house. I wish I had it back! Wasting yrs paying rent ...now there's a bad idea

Answer by admckenzie at 8:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, it is a great idea to stop paying rent and aquire equity. Now is a great time. Home prices are down. Sellers are eager. Rates are low. If you qualify and can find the one you want and can afford. Now is a great time and 20 is a good age. Just think it will be paid for by the time you are 50.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Absolutely NOT!!! Hubby and I bought our 1st house when I was 25 and he was 23.
    If you can swing it now - it is a great investment.
    We have sold our 1st house, moved to a new town and have lived in our 2nd house for the past 10 years.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, it's a great idea!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If your financially able, its never a bad idea to purchase a house!! Its an awesome investment...just take care of it...and do your research! Its definitely a buyers market in most areas!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010