Which is better? A full hysterectomy or a partial

Is a partial if I don't want to go into a early menopause?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• I know someone who was given the choice of partial or full and she took partial because she didn't want them to take her ovaries because then you have to go on some really bad hormones. That's all I really know about it. A full one will cause menapause and hormones to have to be taken.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• well what is the reason you need to get a hysterectomy? they will always try to leave your ovaries if they can because the lack of hormones creates alot of problems and the hormone replacement therapies they had done in the past are now proven to cause breast cancer and several other bad side-effects. but if you are just wanting it for birth control then maybe ask the gyn about essure. if you have cancer or some kind of disease and that is why you need one then they might have to see how far it is progressed before they will decide.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• agree w/ both above
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It is always better to keep your ovaries if possible.  I'm surprised that you have a choice.  I would have thought the doctor would only remove what needed to be removed.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• it al depends on what the health issues are as to what will be best for you.
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 1:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010