WHY is he contacting me!!

My son's father has not spoken to me in 5 years since his son was 2. He went to jail right after he was born when he got out I tried to work things out with him but he would push me and be mean to my son. Like be mad and knock my sons food in the floor and make him cry. Well my good friend now by BF beat him up and told him to get lost. We were waiting for the 7 years to pass so my BF coud adopt my spn. He is the only father he knows. (I mena he knows he has another dad but he doens't know him) Anyway I log onto face book yesterday and I have a friend request from him!! I just hit ignor but what did he want!? It looks like he is married and has 2 young children from what limited publicinfo he had on his profile...Why contact me now!? I HATE him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• You can hate him all you want, but he has a legal tie to you in your son.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• maybe hes trying to make amends?
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ignore him...continue on with your life and your plans...don't let him f*ck this up for you and your son now.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• BF can't adopt without dad's permission
    Anonymous

• Not gonna happen. Never. If My son wants to contact him when he is 18 he can but I don't want anything thing to do with theis jerk!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Theres no way of knowing what he wanted...i mean..he could want to be nosy..maybe to check on you..maybe just see how his son is...maybe he wanted to continue to harass you..you ignored his request...so dont stress...i would tell your BF that it happened so if anything else happens he isnt caught off guard!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My best friend is going through the exact same thing. She is fighting with herself. She doesn't want her DS to grow up without his brother if it could be worked out. Although she thinks BIO Dad should drop dead.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Maybe he's realized his mistakes from the pass and wants to know his son. That might be his attempt to making a first step. Maybe he wants to see some pictures of your son, make sure he's doing ok and is well taken care of and happy. Maybe he wants to make sure your ok and happy too. Just because he send a friend request doesnt mean he's necessarily wants to get back in your life again. He might want to know weather or not he made the right choice by his by leaving and not coming back. Not that I think that's right because his son deserves to know who his bio-dad is.
    There are so many maybe's and could be's and possibilities. If you really want to know then the only thing to do is to accept his friend request, listen to what he has to say or whatever.
    If you really don't care then just ignore him and forget about it.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't know how the law works n ur state, but here if the biological parent has had no contact with said child n a 1 yr period, ur bf can adopt him without consent from other parent. If he's not been interested n the last 5 yrs, there's no reason 2 believe he's interested in him now. I would blow him off. Ur son has a father figure n his life that loves & cares 4 him. He don't need a sometime daddy.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• He can with no contact for 7 years. We run it in the paper of his home town and the last known town he was living in and he has 30 days to respond. No response and the court grants my Boyfriend custody along with me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010