Is there a house in your neighborhood that you just dread this time of year?

We have a house up the hill from us that we seriously avoid at all costs this time of year. Their lights are such an eyesore. They have mismatched lights that cover EVERYTHING they own and the timing of the blinking, chasing and whatnot never lines up... It's just horrid! We actually make a point to go in the opposite direction so we don't have to look at it.

Most homes are well done, clean looking and you can tell there is at least minimal thought put in to the designs... But there is always that ONE, you know...

How about your neighborhood?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• loosen up! christmas lights are pretty and festive....they dont have to 'lined up right' .....wow......why are YOU worried about how THEY string their lights?? its all about fun....find something else to worry about
    Anonymous

• Yep , we have a house that has more stuff than 3 stores put together. Tacky and religious stuff everywhere. They do it for most hoildays, but Christmas if the biggest for them.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• actually my kids enjoy all kinds of christmas lights so what you described sounded like it is right up their alley lol. the thing that got me was my neighbors accross the street and WHEN they put up their lights. they put them up on NOV. 1 every year and lit them up every single night until feb! it was insane. the kids loved it though. now they have been foreclosed and my house is the only one decorated in our cul-de-sac.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, either nobody puts up lights or they look nice. No complaints on my neighborhood.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Anon, these are FAR from "pretty and festive" And seriously, you need to lighten up, it was meant to be a fun question... Sorry you can't have any fun.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We don't have any houses like you describe. We are in new niehgborhood and I can't wait to see the lights that we get to see this year. I love lights. Now i wish I could actually see the house that you are talking about.

Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We don't have any crazy houses, quite the opposite! I feel like a grinch. I'm the only one on the block without some lights but my husband is never home to put them up(he travels for work) and I'm not getting out there and putting lights up. No way!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Not bc of their lights but because they are the onl other young family on our block and their house is ALWAYS perfect! lol!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 1:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• actually those are my favorite
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Nothing I would drive out of my way to avoid. I am not into all that flashing and chasing...I tolerate twinkle lights, but I prefer the constant ones. I always wonder about whay people are thinking. One woman has pink light up pigs on her lawn, and what on earth does Sponge Bob have to do with Christmas lol?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2010