Moderate (stage 2) cervical dysplasia question

Hi everyone, I am about 17 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and today at my OB visit was told from my last pap smear I now have moderate cervical dysplasia. Before the pregnancy I had mild cervical dysplasia and a biopsy which showed only a mild case and it cleared up on its own. Now only 8 months later from the last pap, it has come back and is stage 2. I have to have another colposcopy done in one week and praying everything turns out alright. My question is though, have any of you experienced this, or a moderate change that resolved itself too? I'm so worried and hoping anyone can share their experiences. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• I did experience this earlier this year..mild in some places and severe in others. I know that when your pregnant your immune system is alot lower than usual and it could have taken a toll on the bad cells that were already there. I had the colposcopy done and have normal paps since then (i'm 23 weeks pregnant) Hopefully everything gets resolved for you this time around!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010