my new dog is afraid of my mom!

Me, Dh, Dd & mom all live together..
Saturday we went & got a lab/collie mix. He is about 5mo.
He latched to me very quickly & is my shadow. He loves my dh & is awesome with my 4yo dd.
But my mom. He is down right SCARED of her. He runs from her & she can only pet him if he is sitting with me. We even let her feed him turkey to try to see if that would help.
I feel really bad for my mom (and the dog) since she has done nothing to him! :( but IDK what to do! or why my pup would be scared of just 1 person. We have only had him 3 days.

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pets

• My lab was scared of my DH until just last month. We have had her for almost 3 years. He never did anything to her either. Have your MOm be a primary care giver and the dog will come around.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Give him time he is in a new place with new people. But one thing you can do to help him is have your mom feed him his meals. If he is scared of her he may show this with other people as well once he is comfortable so I would recommend that you get him out around people and new situtions. This will help socialized him and help him trough any fears he has.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• there are lots of reasons why the pup may be scared of her...some dogs have a 6th sence about things....its hard to explain but maybe he was beaten by someone who looked like her,or maybe he is just scared of older people no offence.....dogs are wierd that way...he will come around just give him time
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i hope he comes around.. i know it has bumped my moms feelings.. and she is trying a lil every day to give him a lil affection/treat.. today i have to leave & she will be at home with him for about 1hr..
    His last (and only) owners look nothing like my mom they were a young couple, dark hair.. my mom is older with blonde hair..
    Will have to keep trying slowly. ..
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010