can you bring dry ice on a plane?

I need to transport a large amount of frozen human milk...I was told by multiple people that dry ice is the best way to move it...but, can you bring dry ice on a plane as a carry on? If I have to check it how should I go about packing it?

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it depends on the amount you take and it has to go into the luggage areas. My hubby is a pilot and the dry ice lets off so2 {if im not wrong i can't think im preggo and tired} and can asphyxiate you. so you probably can't take it as carry on and it is transported as a chemical..or whatever. how long is the flight and how much milk are you taking? if you have a good enough cooler is should stay frozen. good luck getting more then 3 oz of anything on the plane though, i heard baby bottles are the exception, but its not a "bottle" im not sure. If you really want help figuring this out PM me and i will ask DH in the morning when he gets home he can help you find where to find out, or get the info FOR YOU. HUGS
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 9:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You should check the airlines website or the FAA website. They have many answers to commonly asked questions about what it acceptable to bring aboard.
    Anonymous

• You can check your airports approed and disapproved items or call and ask.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• dry ice is very dangerous and i doubt they would let you carry it on the plane.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I highly doubt it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010