Do you have an Artifical tree or do you Buy a live tree?

I have a 7 feet tall fake tree. I really don't have the room for it...Would it be so bad to just but one of those really small trees from walmart..and set it on something?? When do you put your up?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 6:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• we have a fake one. I dont want my kid eating the pine needles from a real one. which he would. eww. Plus I dont want to fuss with the fire hazards. So I buy the pre~light one from walmart. I love it so easy and no bugs to worry about either. I set mine up right before Thanksgiving I think it helps add to the "ambiance" :) of thanksgiving and what comes next.
    mommytobe626

Answer by mommytobe626 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I always get a real tree and the biggest one the living room can afford. I love the smell of real christmas trees, they are more work but I think they are worth it and it always goes up the first weekend in December when all the decorations go up too.
    Anonymous

• Right after Thanksgiving, we put up a fake tree. My husband and step son have KILLER allergies and both have to take prescription medication, so I don't like to put up real trees just as a precaution. This year however, we are thinking of putting up a smaller tree on a table since my daughter will be ten months old. I don't really want her to play with it and I am scared she may pull it down or something like that.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I always love the smell of the real tree since back home all we use were real trees, and i am doing the same, the smell is great. I say go for the real thing
    jeadra

Answer by jeadra at 6:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Artifical; we did the whole cut your own tree thing down a few times but they are so messy; they do smell nice though!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have an artificial tree
    gloria297

Answer by gloria297 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't like the smell of real trees, so we have had a fake tree for years.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We use fake trees for now. Maybe when the kids are old enough to appreciate a REAL one we will get them. But I think after they move out we will just put lights on a cactus and call it good lol:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We have an artificial tree and I put it up on the day after Tgiving.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• we have one of the small 3 ft one's from wal mart that has the fiber optic lights in it. our living room is pretty small so we just bought that and put it on a card table. we did that last year before we had DD and will do it again this year because she is rolling around and will definately get into a bigger tree. when she gets older and starts to understand things we will probably be getting a bigger tree.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008