Gift for Kindergarten teacher?

So, I keep hearing from teachers that they are sick of candles, scented lotions and ornaments for gifts...any other ideas? Gift card? Is that lame? And while we're at it, how about an idea for the bus driver?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 9:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• My daughters Kindergarten teacher is requesting that instead of giving gifts to her that we give a gift for the classroom to enjoy. Such as craft supplies or board games.
    Anonymous

• NO a gift card is not lame!! A gift card for a restaurant, or a manicure, or to the teacher supply ( a lot of teacher's put out their own money for much of their supplies), or a Starbuck's gift card if she likes coffee.

I think for the bus driver I'd do a $5 or $10 gift card to Starbuck's or a fast food restaurant for lunch.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Bus driver: Chocolates
    Teacher: Starbucks or other gift card. Hands down.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• A gift card to Target, a movie theater, bookstore, spa....
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I got my son's Kindergarten teacher a thermal tote (like the small lunch box kind) and put some chocolates in it. The bus driver is getting a gift card to a coffee shop.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• we're making cookies for the busdriver and for the teacher we got her a little reindeer thing and we're making cookies for her and the other kindergarten teachers too.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I agree with gift card or let the child make them something like a card.
    ProudMom0810

Answer by ProudMom0810 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My kiddos' teachers also requested that we buy "gifts" for the classroom too.
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• How about a movie basket? You can always get a $5 movie from Wal-Mart that was a popular hit and put in some microwave popcorn and some movie size candy. I have done this for my boys teachers and they always say they LOVE IT.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2010