• In the Spotlight:

Do any of you have irregular periods and follow your ovulation cycle? Advice on TTC :)

I generally don't have irregular cycles at all, but the last period was strange. i was about 10 days late, and i got all excited thinking I was pregnant. But I'm not, I got a semi-light period on the 1st and it just end last night/ this morning on the 4th/5th. And the tests came up negative too. So I have an ovulation kit, and I'm hoping this will help tell me when I'm ovulating so i know when to try. Do these tests work for you? I'm really wanting to get pregnant, and i'm trying to follow my cycle carefully. Any advice? Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The ovulation kits do work. Another way you can tell if you're ovulating... somewhere in the middle of your cycle, when you go pee & wipe, you'll notice that you have a little extra "goo" down there that looks like egg whites. That means it's time to have sex. I never bought an ovulation kit, took my temperature, or anything... I went by the "goo" and it worked both times!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• All menstraul cycles are different.Going through stress can either make your cycle heavier or lighter and fewer days.If you smoke or drink alochol stop doing it.I am not accusing you of being a alocholic.I am just saying if you are having a hard time getting pregant it would be better for you to stop doing both of these.I personally haven't used a ovulation kit.I only got pregant twice,but only have one child.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 2:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009