Would you get upset or angry if.......

your husband or S/O came home late for work without letting you know he was going to be late and you called his cell phone and got no answer and he did not return your call..... Only good side was that he was only late by half an hour.
Would you still be upset?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, hubby is sometimes home early, sometimes late. It depends on what is going on at work. He doesn't get great reception on his cell at work so I don't worry over half an hour or even an hour.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i would because i tend to worry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, a half hour is nothing and it seems controlling to expect him to walk through the door at the same exact time every day or account for every minute that he is late. If it bothers you that much just ask him to give you a heads up when he is going to be late so you don't worry, but he is your husband not your child so make sure you treat him like that.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Late by a 1/2 hour? No
    Late by a few hours? Yes
    My DH works in an office all day long, he has right on his desk that he answers for himself. So if he didn't call and didn't answer when I called then yea I would get upset. But DH wouldn't do that to me because he knows I start worrying if he's late without calling. The worse case scenario always comes to mind and I'll think he's in an accident and hurt then I start freaking out. LOL
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No. My DH is never on time... If he says "I'll be home around 9" I don't even expect him til at least 1 any more... He'll be home when he gets here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would because I worry.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• no, but I would still tell him nicely how it made you feel. It is best to talk about it. I usually wait at least a hour before I start to worry to much.
    DPottabomb

Answer by DPottabomb at 9:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Absolutely not. Do not create or give life to what is not there by your words or thoughts. You should be more concerned with control what you are thinking and what you are doing. Don't be in agreement with your false thoughts. Why sweat the small stuff, and overreact for 30 mins. really? Can you change anything now. Wouldn't you want the benefit of the doubt?
    PEPPERSHAKER

Answer by PEPPERSHAKER at 9:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• me yes because I'm a worrier, but not like cheating worry like I'd worry about the car breaking down or a wreck or something I trust my hub bub 100 and 10 %
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 9:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010