How do you stick to your diet during the holidays?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Don't think about what not to eat. Think more about portions. Drink lots and lots of water. Keep busy.
    PEPPERSHAKER

Answer by PEPPERSHAKER at 9:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• when i'm on a diet i always have one day off a week. that day i can eat whatever i want to and i feel good all week being good because i'm looking forward to my day off. i've always been successful losing weight that way (and keeping it off)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't... Of course, I've never really been big on diets.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Just limit your plate and your sugar in take instead of having pie, cookies have yogurt or something limit your plate into small portions on thanksgiving the way i did it was got a little bit of turkey a little bit of everything nomore than the size of your hand thats how little your portions should be with everything and lots of water also .. Good Luck to you ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I remember that I like my jeans & don't want them too tight
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i drink lots of water. and eat humongous bowls of veggies and fruit.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We switched how me are making some things this year and trying healthier recipes. But mostly I use portion control.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't "diet", but I made a lifestyle change a few years ago, that included revamping the way I eat. I have worked very, very hard to achieve the results that I have, and nothing tastes good enough for me to want to throw that away. I don't look at the holidays as an excuse to pig out; I eat the same way that I normally would, except on the actual holiday when I allow myself smallish portions of "splurge" food (mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce). When I go to other events, like the holiday parties at my kids school, I just eat before I go, then chew a piece of gum while I'm there so that I don't dive into the cookies and candy. I remind myself whenever I'm tempted how far I've come and how I don't want to blow it. I think to myself about how, for example, this one slice of pumpkin pie will take me an hour of ass-busting to burn off, and it's just not worth it to me. It's really about dedication and self-control.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I repeat to myself - once past the lips, forever on the hips.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010