Why wont my chat group show up on active chat?

I've changed member list to "everybody" and it still doesn't show up. What gives?

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 9:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Wish I had an answer. I just went through a private group of mine and changed all the settings to public except for the forums (some are already public) and I couldn't get mine to show either. I sent a contact message though so maybe we can figure it out. It is working though because my public groups are showing just fine. It is probably an update issue. Somehow the group changes haven't registered yet and so it isn't allowing it to show on the active chats list. I have seen that kind of thing with settings changes before. If it doesn't work for you by tomorrow then I would send a contact message about it. Won't help tonight though. As far as I know the group just needs to show up in the directory and have a public forum to show in the active list but that may be wrong or has changed.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• All the groups have been really inactive for months. I thought it would pick up after summer ended up it didn't. Hopefully, when everyone is housebound for winter.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I got the answer back from CM. The group needs to be searchable. Just make sure that you answer yes to the question should your group show in the directory. As for not showing up, I am still believing it's a lag between updating the settings and it showing up. The group that wouldn't show up on the list for me last night is today. I have resent the message about this since they didn't cover that part of the question I asked.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• ???? sorry.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2010