unexplained 20lb weight gain in 1 month?

i have literally gained 20lbs in 1 month. NOT pregnant, and my dr doesn't bother with my questions. i am sooooo swollen it looks like i am 7mths preg, and i have daily if not hourly stomach pain that renders me in dibilitating pain. had MRI , ct, upper endoscopy done, and the only thing they say is that my stomach produces too much acid, so they put me on zantac 2 x aday. what could be doing this. i have gone from a size 16 to a 20. NOT cool, the only comfortable pants i got are 2x lounge pants i just bought for a xmas present for $4.

armywife117

Asked by armywife117 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• have they looked at your liver?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• they did ultrasounds on my gall bladder as well. i am willing at this point to go under exploritory surgery to find out what is going on. oh, forgot to mention my stomach is hard as well. i wasn't skinny to start but i notice when my usually loose jeans are so tight i can't even zip them. my shirts don't fit. and the pain is down right like a knife stabbing me. i am short of driving 2 hrs to a good hospital and admitting myself.
    armywife117

Comment by armywife117 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ask them to do a test for ovarian cysts .....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• kerp- would that swelling go into the stomach area?
    armywife117

Comment by armywife117 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Any of those tests, while good, don't mean squat if they can't find the answer. You need to keep checking around.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Go to other doctors.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 10:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• unfortunately my insurance is the same as the migrant insurance, so i have to have a referral and that could take 3 months. i am going to call and get a appt with a different provider in the medical clinic i go to.
    armywife117

Comment by armywife117 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i would go to the hospital....it sounds like it could be your liver imo. but you definately need to get to the bottom of this. if your dr. is not concerned, then find a new dr.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 20 pounds in a month? sounds like they need to do some exploratory surgery to me......it could be cancer,cysts,many things....
    go and demand treatment...insurance problems??? go to the ER!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I had uterine fibroids that caused that but it was lower in the abdomen. They found them in an ultrasound

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010