does anyone have a kid that is pigeon toed? (feet point inward)

my 2yo is pigeon toed....the dr. said it should correct by the time he's 3, but he will be 3 in feb. and it has not changed. will he have to go through some kind of treatment if it doesn't change soon? he does trip over his feet sometimes, especially with sneakers.

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• why does he think it will change? i have a couple of good friends that are pigeon toed, and they're both in their late twenties. they lead normal lives, and both had baby girls born to them and their wives. no big deal
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 10:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• A lot of little ones walk that way and it does correct itself. I would not stress over it. I know it is easy for me say but if the doctor does not seem to be concerned with it, I would try my best not to be. As Mom's we worry over so many things about out children don't we? Good luck to you and your little !
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i know this sounds absolutly crazy but we had a child in my old daycare that i worked at and she was pigion toed. her mom would put her shoes on the wrong feet (left on right and right on left) and it actually helped her walk better because somehow it turned her feet out. if we had them on the right feet she would trip and fall. she was also 2. its not a permanet answer but it may help her walk until you are able to fix it or she grows out of it
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My niece did it for awhile but outgrew it. She's 3 now and doesn't do it any longer.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• she's 4 now I mean
    Ashlynnsmommy07