How long after a c-section is it safe to start 2 exercise again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• Every body is different, but it's best to wait until your post-op check up to get the go-ahead (usually at 4 to 6 weeks).
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• what kind of exercises? i went for walks with the baby/kids about one week afterwards. ab exercises not until about 6-8 weeks though.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i waited 8 weeks or until my body felt good. its a major surgery and just listen to your body. if you start to hurt /burning pain at all , stop and wait another week! been there 2 times, and the second time took 12 full weeks to get back to exercising, hell even walking right!
    armywife117

Answer by armywife117 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 6-8 weeks, and don't do it too soon. I felt so good after my 2nd c-section that I started walking and doing light housework a week afterward, and ruptured my external incision. I had to go to the doctor every day for weeks to have the incision packed. They didn't close it up, it had to close up on it's own, and then I wasn't allowed to exercise....or even drive for 6 months. Do what your doctor says, it's no fun if you screw up.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 6-8 wks for cardio but no abodominal work outs or strength training until 12wks. At that is per my super fit OB who has had 3 c/s. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• if it is abs you need to wait until your walls have closed down, what i mean is if you try to do a crunch you should have a hole in between your belly it should be closed. preferably 12-14 weeks
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• When your doctor okays it

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010