Who else HATES the end of the month (or the last week before payday)?

The end of the month sucks. It makes me feel so bad when my son comes up to me and asks for milk or juice in his sippy cup and all I can give him is water. He just doesn't understand no matter how many times I open the fridge and show up it is pretty much empty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ok, I understand your frustration, but I think you need to try harder at rationing or holding some things back so they last till the end of the month. I know it is so hard when they are little, to have to tell them no, but he needs to have something besides water. How long does he have to go, before pay day, or food stamps...if you get them? Can you try to by frozen juice and stock up in the begining and then make sure to hold out till the end of the month? I try to buy meats etc, stuff for the freezer, and freeze left overs too, this way when money is tight, we can pull something out. So many families are just barely making ends meet...poor kids...I wish I could help you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Most months it's not that bad here, but the past two months it has been...I totally get what you're saying! Hubby's check goes in the bank tomorrow and I cannot wait !! I really need to go grocery shopping!
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I am with you!!!!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yes, as military we get paid every 2 weeks, and we get paid good, but we are down to like 60 dollars by a day or two before payday, and we are scraping by, but 5 kids will do that to ya...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2010