should i pay the money back

back in set a couple that i was friends with asked if they could use my spare computer tower. at the time it was stilling in my house doing nothing kuse we had not guest and our son wasnt using it wither as he is 2. and they needed it for some school work. well later that month i asked if i could have it back kuse i needed to sale it to make some money while in a bind. when i told them i need 150 for it (for a 500 dollar dell tower) they told me dont worry they could get the money and they would pay me for the comp.
well all was well and good tell the day i needed the money, and oh they didn't have it. so i had to sale all my baby stuff (as we had just lost a child and i had lots left) i left town that day and when i came back i told my husband we needed to go get the comp. well they ask if they could keep it and make payments. that was the last of Sep, just as we found out we where going to have another child. i side fine knowing they didn't have a lot.
they only made 3 payments and they really weren't worth my trip over there. now they are moving and want to give the comp back, no biggy. but now they want what little money the paid me for it back.
i told him i had no money. he who was army like husband is now wanted to know why if tomorrow is the first why i had no money. i kindly told him that kuse of the holiday we where paid early (i left out and i pay my bills not though my money away on things i dont need, part out.) he told me fine you can get the computer tomorrow and send us the money later. i dont think he deserves the money back for all the stuff they pulled. what do you think?

ps they paid 50 of the 150 and where going to try to sell it behind my back for the remaining money.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 10:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, he should consider his small payments rent and give it back.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't give them anything. Go get the comp and be done with them.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I was going to say the exact same as dancinintherain. Consider it rent. You don't lease a car and then get your money back either. Same idea.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would not give the money back.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I agree with the pp. I mean they wanted it and didnt pay you now they dont want it anymore and they want there money back immediately? I dont know how much they payed you but since they had it for a while they used it also which made it go down in value (more used, older, does it still work?)
    If its like you said they payed very little on it I would tell them they had it and used it vor that period of time, so thats the "fee" for that. They can be happy that you are so kinly and taking it back, you could have also said no.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• NO! That was 'rent' for the computer they used. You don't know what condition your computer is going to be in when you get it back either. Just get the computer back and next time get the money up front.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would not give it back I would consider it rent.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 5:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010