Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what am i suppose to do!!

so my three yr old dd is haveing some problems her father was deported and cant come back to the u.s for ten yrs how do i help her cope? what do i do? please help....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (9)
  • Are you still with her dad?

    Answer by dancinintherain at 10:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • no but she asks for him all the time and it makes me feel sooo bad

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • Would it be possible to video chat with him?

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • skype with him

    Answer by dancinintherain at 10:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • maybe tell her that he be back. He loves her. Video chat is a good idea, make sure you guys stay in contact. He coudl send a video of himself to her so she can see it. Maybe if you wanted to, if its safe you could go visit him sometime?

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • Do you plan on staying with him? Go see him, write, email, skype are all good ideas. But perhaps take her to a counselor.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • what do you mean take her to a counselor??? SHES THREE

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • Video chats, letter writing. If you have acess to his old clothing you could make a quilt out of his sjirts or something.

    Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • There are CHILD PSYCHOLOGISTS, even for 3 yr olds!
    I am sorry she is hurting, but why on earth would a parent put himself in the position where deportation would be possible? Now she pays! I strongly recomend the psychologist, they have ways of helping her cope with this "loss". I mean how else are you going to help a 3 yr old understand something of this nature. He is NOT coming back for a long time, she is going to need help getting thru this. I would seek professional help for my child. Kids have parents in prison too, they need help, and Dr.'s are out there.

    Answer by salexander at 12:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Preschoolers (3-4)
Should i buy them a new bed?

Next question overall (Diet & Fitness)