What "facts" disprove the theory of Creationism?

Yes, this is a spin-off of another question that got me to thinking (not for the first time) about how I've never been offered any factual evidence that Creationism isn't the truth.I haven't found it in my own research either, yet I hear people who don't believe in it saying that Creationism isn't factual, so I'm curious what exactly DISproves it. Does anyone have any to offer? I'm asking for facts, not theories. I'm continually exploring my beliefs, and am always open to factual evidence of something. Thanks to anyone who knows of any! :)

For the record, I currently believe in Creationism and Evolution. Yes, :gasp:, I believe in science AND God. Bet that will surprise some of ya. :-0

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The question should be what facts actually prove Creationism? It is called research - I don't need to prove that creationism is false it does so on its own. If you are so curious go research it. "

Research can not possibly prove creationism is false. Unless you can go back in time and witness the beginning of time as we know it and therefore prove that something other than a creator was/is responsible you can not disprove creation without question... It's physically and scientifically impossible. Something had to start the ball rolling, and unless someone can go back and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was nothing but chance involved, you can't prove it wasn't a creator...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Here's the thing, Loving; It's not just evolution. It's biology, paleontology, geology, cosmology, chemistry, physics and every other discipline of scientific inquiry coming together that gives us the bigger picture. Everything has a natural explanation, that does not require intervention from a god. Like I said, that doesn't disprove god. Sure you can say, but god had his hand in all those things, but where is any proof of it? Show me one, just one, process that could not have come about naturally.

And I'm not saying that we have all the answers, because I know we don't. But that doesn't mean the answers aren't there, waiting for us to discover them. I don't know; therefore god, just doesn't cut it. I don't know; therefore I will not stop searching, looking, testing, experimenting, (I could go on and on), until I do know, is what drives us forward. I don't know; therefore god, brings everything to a screeching halt.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Are we talking "Earth is less than 10,000 years old" Creationism? Because Radioactive Decay and Cosmic radiation would both prove the Earth and Universe is a LOT older than that.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i love that you have 3 pages of answers and not one of them has been able to answer. LOL.. this is not a new question... it's very old and honestly no one would be able to give you a difinitive answer..because science cannot disprove the Creator. ever. science ...is man trying to understand a world around him ..nothing more. thank God for the intelligence he has given some men so that we are able to understand alot of what was Created by he who creates but is not created.. which reminds .. matter can neither be created nor destroyed. :)
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• In terms of 'young earth' creationism, there is plenty of evidence that the earth is older than six thousand years old. Carbon dating and the fossil record being just two of those. However I've noticed that people who discount an 'old earth' tend to discount these tests as somehow fraudulent. There is also plenty of evidence against living beings being static and unchaning... the Lenski e-coli experiment being a prime example that is very well documented. He has studied over 50 000 generations of e-coli bacteria in different environments and has charted their evolutionary changes. His experiment is detailed online in great detail. We can also see examples of evolution in response to environmental pressures- MRSA and other antibiotic resistant bacteria being a good example of evolutionary changes in bacteria that have occured within our lifetimes.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Con't. In terms of 'Intelligent Design' or 'Creator Guided Evolution', I think those are more subjective. Realistically we don't know how life first developed. At this point, we can't rule in or out a creator or a designer with current scientific principles- it's an untestable hypothesis either way. I'm good with the 'I don't know how life began' answer at present, but that's just me.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I haven't ever found any. I've always been a fan of Creator Guided Evolution... There is no reason the two can't work together very well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Just got to clarify. As for whether or not one can disprove a "grand creator" not really, though it has been shown that a creator was not needed for the universe etc to develope as it has. This neither proves one exists nor that one does not.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well, in all fairness, I didn't expect anyone to be able to answer the direct question. :)

Which is why you wrote an intentionally vague question. What specifically do you want disproven, since you won't even pin it down to a single creation theory - are you suggesting someone give you a single fact that proves 100 different theories that all say completely different things wrong? How about all of the theories disagree, therefore cannot all be correct? I get what you were trying to do with the question, but logic doesn't work that way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i believe that God created this world.. infact all the worlds. Allah speaks of being the God of all the Worlds and of mankind in the Quran. We know that science is trying to prove other worlds exist. :) i believe that God sustains the world and gives in proportion how he wills and when he wills. I believe everthing has been created with a time to live and a time to die.. including the sun.. which we know from Science has been said is going to have an End :) i believe that what people call eveolution is what God has commanded to come about when he wills and how he wills .... so what we see is what God has planned and what we learn about these things is what God has allowed us to learn of he unseen. God Talks about this in the Quran. He says that there are things we see and things we don't see ... (those things which are part of he seen and he unseen). so while envioronment may have a part to do with change.. It is not
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2010